Friday 17 February 2012

A Passion For Pastels!

Hold the Front Page!! Trend Alert ...Trend Alert!

Everyone's doing it!


Ralph Lauren S/S12 .....swoon!


Hi Folks! I hope you're all keeping well and happy? Now........I've been looking through the Spring Summer 2012 Catwalk Collections for some inspiration and I gotta say ... what a year I picked for my "no new clothes" project! There is so much beautiful clothing out there at the moment, don't you agree? Just look at this lot! I can see that this task is gonna get tougher as the year progresses..... think I'm gonna need all the support I can muster to get me through!
I've been poring over magazines and checking my favourite websites to see which looks I'll be 'buying' into this year..... but as we both know .....I won't be 'buying' anything new at all!


As Penelope Pitstop would say ........


He-yalp!! He-yalp!!


One of my very favourite looks that is being showcased this season is the Pastel Pallet .... I remember having loads of cute stuff in these colours as a young lady in the 80's. I loved my pink Broderie Anglaise  dress and my lemon yellow skirt .. it was a really big look back then. Well it seems that this pretty look is going to make a comeback in a BIG way in 2012. Oh the joy!


Scrumdiddlylicious!!!

All these gorgeous colours in ice cream, cupcake and marshmallow hues (this is actually making me quite hungry now) really are good enough to eat! 


Think Ice Cream....







Think Cupcakes......
and Marshmallows!


Hungry now? Yeah thought so!
So, I've come to the conclusion that I'm going to have to put my brain to work and figure out how I am going to achieve this yummy look. That is of course, without resorting to my usual trawling of Net-A-Porter and Brand Alley or running down to the West End to grab the high street versions before everyone else gets there first!

Louis Vitton




More Louis ..ahhhhhh.....

I have a nice stock of fabrics that I've built up over the years and plenty of trims, some of which I'm fairly sure are edible looking.  I'm going to have a good look through and see what I can find. Then it's a case of deciding what to make....... but wait! I don't know about you, but when I get an idea about anything ...I want it NOW.... I need a quick fix as well as the longer term joy of something of quality.



So, I've decided I'm also going to have a go at transforming something from my existing wardrobe into one of these covetable confections! I basically want to walk round looking like a cupcake......
And this my friends, will be my next project, I'll be using all my Make, Do & Mend skills and as little money as possible to create a one off ..... or maybe even several!

I'll be looking at Vintage for inspiration as no one does pretty pastels quite like the 50's...... check these little beauties out!






I'll be back very soon with the results and of course I'll be spilling the beans on just how I did it, so you can have a go yourselves.....

Wish me luck!

Leona X










No comments:

Post a Comment