Monday 13 February 2012

Fab new Banner by Kavel!

Hello again
Thanks for reading my blog and a very special thanks to my new followers! I hope you're all having a marvellous start to 2012.
I wanted to say thank you to my very dear and talented friend Kavel Rafferty for my amazing new banner ...isn't it fabulous?? What a lucky girl I am to have great pals to help me out.... !
I've been a fan of Kavel's work for quite a number of years now and have a few lovely pieces of her work. Kavel is an artist and illustrator based in Barcelona where she has her own Gallery "Galeria Kavel"
We have a shared love of shoes, soul and fluffy kittens all of which feature regularly in her work.




This is a flyer Kavel did for a Soul session she and her friends have over in Barcelona .... they don't need to ask me twice to take my box of records over to spin a few ...especially in February when it's like Siberia over here!

Here's her blog ..check it out.

http://galeriakavel.wordpress.com/

So, now I've got a lovely banner and some friends interested, what's next? I guess I better get on up to the den where the cutting table and sewing machine is and get some stuff created!
I've spent the last week or so formulating ideas and gathering some inspiration for some possible projects.

I've started a Facebook group for Leona's Make, Do and Mend where we can share our tips and you can find some very creative and crafty people to inspire you. Everything from swapping vintage treasures to alterations  to tearing down those curtains and making a dress!

Here's the link ...will get links set up on the sidebar as soon as I take my technophobe goggles off ....

https://www.facebook.com/groups/342056312495849/

I''m thinking that my first project is going to be a 'new' rain mac ... I've got a good old Charity Shop Dannimac that could turn into something beautiful ..... watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment